This is the privacy statement for Gasunie Engineering B.V. (Gasunie Engineering), Concourslaan 17, 9727 KC Groningen, the Netherlands, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 02038628. With this privacy statement, Gasunie Engineering informs those persons whose data Gasunie Engineering processes (individual concerned) of the type of personal data being processed and why, the storage periods and the rights of the individual concerned.
What type of information is collected by Gasunie Engineering and why?
Gasunie Engineering uses personal data for several different legal reasons. For example, the use of personal data may be necessary to ensure that the agreement concluded between Gasunie Engineering and the client is implemented properly. The use of personal data may also be necessary for legitimate interests or in order to comply with statutory obligations. In doing so, Gasunie Engineering always applies the principle that personal data are processed lawfully, properly and transparently as far as you are concerned. Furthermore, Gasunie Engineering will only process personal data if the same objective cannot be achieved in a different manner.
Gasunie Engineering stores personal data as long as Gasunie Engineering deems it necessary, in order, among other things, to fulfil its relationship with you satisfactorily, to ensure Gasunie Engineering's security in general terms, to be able to comply with applicable legislation (including legislation relating to retention of documents) and, otherwise, to enable Gasunie Engineering to carry out its business activities. If you have any questions about specific storage periods for certain types of personal data, please email our data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gasunie Engineering uses appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data and to help prevent information being stolen, misused, accessed without authorisation, provided, amended or destroyed. For example, Gasunie Engineering stores personal data on computer systems with restricted access and in controlled environments.
Rights of the individual concerned (data subject)
As the individual concerned, you have the following rights:
- Right to information about the processing: what is happening with your personal data and why?
- Right of access: you have the right to ask Gasunie Engineering to show whether Gasunie Engineering is processing your personal data, and if so, which.
- Right to rectification: Gasunie Engineering shall ensure that personal data used are, and remain, accurate. You may ask Gasunie Engineering to correct or supplement data.
- Right to be forgotten: you have the right to ask Gasunie Engineering to remove your personal data. It is then Gasunie Engineering's responsibility to determine whether that request is justified. This may be the case if the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they have been processed or the personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to ask Gasunie Engineering to restrict the processing, for example, if the data are incorrect or processing is unlawful.
- Right to object: you have the right, for reasons relating to your specific situation, to object to the processing of your personal data. Gasunie Engineering will cease processing unless there are compelling, legitimate grounds for processing which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms.
If you wish to exercise one or more of these rights, you can do so by emailing our data protection officer email@example.com. Gasunie Engineering will, as soon as possible, but in any event within one month of receipt of the request, provide information regarding the actions taken by Gasunie Engineering in response to the request. Gasunie Engineering may extend this period by two months in relation to the complexity of the request or the number of requests Gasunie Engineering receives; you will be informed by Gasunie Engineering if this is the case.
Gasunie Engineering will try to work with you to find a fair solution if you have a complaint about or a problem with the use of your personal data. However, if you feel that Gasunie Engineering has not been able to help, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.
If Gasunie Engineering uses your personal data following your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Gasunie Engineering uses functional cookies on this website. Functional cookies are necessary for the website to work properly. The company Google also places a cookie via the website as part of its Analytics service. Gasunie Engineering uses this service to see how visitors use the website. Refer to the Google Code-website for more information on the cookies that are placed by Google Analytics. More information about how to enable, disable and remove cookies can be found in the instructions and via the Help function of your browser.
Changes to the privacy statement
If necessary, Gasunie Engineering can adapt this privacy statement and it is therefore advisable to check Gasunie Engineering's website regularly for the most recent version. If Gasunie Engineering updates its privacy statement, Gasunie Engineering will revise the date following 'last updated' at the bottom of the privacy statement. If there are significant changes to the privacy statement or to the way in which Gasunie Engineering uses personal data, Gasunie Engineering will inform you before these come into force.
If you have any questions relating to the use of personal data, please send an email to our data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 6 August 2018
We pay a lot of attention to the safety and security of our information systems. However, if you find a weakness or something that could be improved, we would like you to inform us as soon as possible.